Assessing the more technical and financial aspects
A feasibility study assesses the more technical and financial aspects of the low carbon technology you chose from your options appraisal in more detail. The study will explore aspects such as; if your preferred option will physically fit and the temperatures needed to run the heat pump system. This way, our experts will flag any complications at an early stage.
The feasibility study builds upon the options appraisals. However, we can provide a feasibility study without a previous option appraisal.
Each project is different, and various factors influence the feasibility study. The study takes into account:
- Your needs and expectations
- Your buildings and land
- Planning permissions and logistics
- Costs and funding
What can you expect from our feasibility study? Our engineers can, for example:
- Request quotes from suppliers and installers to understand capital costs
- Get input from ground collector designers on ground conditions and borehole possibilities
- Seek information from regulatory bodies on the potential of water abstraction for a water source heat pump
By the end of the feasibility study process, you will understand how to proceed with your chosen solution. The study also serves as a base for the next steps, concept, and detailed design.